Labels

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Guardian's take on the Hillary: "abrasive, self-absorbed, selfish, delusional, emasculating and extortionate"


Michael Tomasky of the Guardian gave an interesting description of the real politik of Hillary's speech last night.

Here is the link for your enjoyment...
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/michael_tomasky/2008/06/no_shame_no_gain.html

"She held a rhetorical knife to Obama's throat and said, in not so many words: I'm still calling some shots, buddy. You offer me the vice-presidency, or I walk away. But she has also forced Obama into a situation whereby if he chooses her now, he looks weak. So that's the choice she is hoping to impose on the nominee: don't choose me, and Bill and I will subtly work to see that you lose; choose me, and look like a weakling who can't lead the party without the Clintons after all."

No comments: